Memorial Park Funeral Home and Cemetery is pleased to offer a wide variety of both on-going and seasonal events. We invite you to return often to see what’s coming up on our calendar. If you’d like to keep up-to-date, we invite you to visit our social media pages.
70th Annual Easter Sunrise ServiceSunday, April 16, 2017 : 12:00 AM
On Sunday, April 16th, 2017 Memorial Park will host its 70th Annual Easter Sunrise Service.
Begins: 7:00 a.m. with a reception following the service
All are welcome!
• This year, Rev. Bill Russell from Central Christian Church will deliver the message and offer open communion to our guests that wish to participate.
• Several employees will read scriptures and Memphis Camerata Vocal Ensemble will sing Easter Anthems.
• Chaplain Jack Conrad, St. Brigid Church and Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital will bring the invocation and benediction.
Arbor Day ObservanceFriday, April 28, 2017 : 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM
On Friday, April 28th, 2017 Memorial Park will observe Arbor Day
When: Friday, April 28, 2017
The outdoor classroom begins at 9:30 a.m.
All are welcome to attend!
• Students from Sea Isle Elementary will be on site to help us plant a tree in an area where we’ve had loss due to disease. Saplings will be provided by the State of Tennessee Forestry Division.
• The students will hear from our own Charles Griffin, horticulturist, the ends and outs of planting.
Fallen Heroes Memorial ServiceThursday, May 04, 2017 : 9:30 AM
To honor and remember those members of local law enforcement, fire departments, and emergency medical services who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
Memorial Day Service 2017Monday, May 29, 2017 : 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Please join us as the local boy scouts, veterans’ organizations, and prominent political figures play key roles in this annual Memorial Day tribute to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. The service will conclude with military honors rendered with a live cannon salute.
Ride for Life 2017Sunday, June 25, 2017 : 7:00 AM
Memorial Park Funeral Home and Cemetery and Mid-South Transplant Foundation, Inc. partner together to present an exciting 25 mile bike ride through scenic areas of Memphis beginning and ending at Memorial Park to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation. A post ride breakfast by Crepe Maker and entertainment will be provided as well as a 1 mile kids fun ride within the park. For more information/pre-registration - visit www.midsouthtransplantRFL.racesonline.com.